Estate administration can be daunting during an already difficult time. As experienced estate and trust lawyers, we offer support and expertise to family members and loved ones.
If you have been named as an executor (also known as an estate trustee), we can help you understand your role and responsibilities. If your loved one has died, we can assist you in determining what steps need to be taken regarding their property.
Our lawyers are available to assist in all aspects of estate administration, including:
- Reviewing and explaining the will, if there is one
- Where there is no will, determining the beneficiaries
- Applications for Certificate of Appointment of Estate Trustee with or without a Will (probate)
- Seeking Advice or Direction from the court, when necessary
- Advising estate trustees on their duties and obligations
- Understanding estate administration tax
- Dealing with creditors and financial institutions
- Communicating with beneficiaries
- Ascertaining estate assets
- Accounting to beneficiaries, including court applications to pass accounts
Please contact us to discuss your estate administration needs. You can also learn more about estate administration using the resources on this page.
We Can Help With: